Download the amend booking user guide in MS Word format.
Amend User Guide (Word, 26 kb)
amend a booking
Whether you are amending a one-off booking or completing a day's regular bookings, our amend function is quick and easy
- Log in to the P&O Ferries Freight web site at www.poferriesfreight.com
- Click the 'amend/cancel' tab on the 'widget' navigation (if you are elsewhere on the site, click the 'home' tab on the main navigation near the top of the page, then 'amend/cancel' on the 'widget' navigation)
- Choose an account under which to amend/cancel from the drop-down list (an account may be pre-selected: if you need to amend/cancel under another account simply change the selection)
- On this screen you may either amend or cancel, depending on the choice selected by the radio button. It is defaulted to 'amend'
- Enter your search criteria to find bookings to amend (NB: if you want to amend just one booking enter its 'waybill': you do not need to enter anything else).
- Once you have entered your search criteria, press the 'go' button
- You will be presented with the results of your search. Please note the following:
- abnormal bookings (ie those which are hazardous loads, those which are wider than 2.6m or higher than 4.8m, those which are abnormally long or which require steam heat) cannot be amended online. They may appear in the results (to confirm to you that they are in the system) but you cannot amend them. The general rule is that bookings which were not made online cannot be amended online
- regular bookings can be amended: however you cannot amend the route, the sailing, the unit type or the length of a load
- the above two booking types are indicated with appropriate icons. You can check what the icons mean at any time either by hovering your mouse over a particular icon or clicking the 'key' column header, which will give an overview of all icons used on the page and what each one means
- Make the amend(s) to the booking(s) you need to modify. Click the 'save amends' button
- The changes you have made will be validated, and any errors will be notified to you. If there are any errors correct them and the click the 'save amends' button again
- You will see a screen confirming the records which have been amended. If any records could not be amended because they have been modified to a sailing which does not have inventory, you will be notified of this and given the opportunity to amend again of cancel the amendment for that booking
- If a booking could not be amended because its status changed (eg from 'booked' to 'checked in'), or an error occurred, you will be notified of that also. Once loads have checked in at port they can no longer be amended (or cancelled)
- You can print this page for future reference, or click the 'amend more' button to go back to the start of the process and find more bookings to amend